Student Blogging Challenge – Week 2

Activity 1 – Write a post about commenting

Hello everyone,

Week 2 of the “Student Blogging Challenge” is here. I hope you enjoy reading about writing quality comments when visiting other peoples blogs. Activity 1 is to write a post about commenting and the etiquette you should use.

First, punctuation and spelling.

When writing a comment you must always use punctuation and spelling. Capital letters and full stops are two basic examples. But if using a quote or part of what was written in the post you are commenting on you must also use quotation marks. Spelling is another part of commenting that is important. You must always try your hardest but if you are unsure the owner of the blog can fix it.

Secondly, etiquette.

These things are important for writing comments and posts but I want to include them to remind everyone that it is not only commentators that should follow rules when blogging. Here are some of my general blogging guidelines.

Do not post your full name or any personal information that you don’t want someone else to see.

Use netiquette.

Be respectful to the people who are posting.

Edit your posts and comments before sending them to the world.

Have standards of grammar, spelling and punctuation.

Do not post anything that could be offensive.

Finally, content.

When writing quality comments it matters the most about content. Content basically is the facts and opinions you put into your comments. Your comments need to give specific details and ask questions to the blogger so they will reply back to you. Also if you have a blog include your blog address so they can visit your blog to read more about you.

Thank you for reading about writing quality comments. For more tips and tricks visit http://yollisclassblog.blogspot.com.au/2010/10/how-to-compose-quality-comment.html

Happy Holidays,

Sophie

15 thoughts on “Student Blogging Challenge – Week 2

1. Mrs. Gado

Hi Sophie:
    My name is Mrs. Gado and I am a teacher from Hong Kong. I have been assigned to be your mentor for the Student Blogging Challenge. Are you enjoying it so far? I really liked your post about “Making a comment”. If you don’t mind, I would like to show it to my Grade 6 Blogging Club.

Reply
    1. sophied20 Post author

Hi Mrs Gado,
      I love the Student Blogging Challenge so far it is really interesting to learn about things that you do not know how to do. I am perfectly happy for you to show your Grade 6 Blogging Club and I hope they enjoy learning too.
      Sophie

Reply
  2. Becca

Hello,
    I am a student in the seventh grade. I really enjoyed your post about commenting. I will definitely use it in future comments. Comments that I have seen so far have not strictly followed these guidelines like they should. Do you agree?
    Sincerely,
    Becca

Reply
  3. Becca

Hello,
    I am a student in the seventh grade. I really liked your post about commenting. I will definitely use it in future comments. The content of most comments is where many people struggle. They do not know what to say. Comments that I have seen so far have not strictly followed these guidelines like they should. Do you agree?
    Sincerely,
    Becca

Reply
  4. livt

I am actually very similar to you! I love the series The Hunger Games and the TV show Dance Moms. I loved reading about your interests!!
    -Liv

Reply
  5. kendalpcs1516

I enjoyed your post about good commenting. Although I’m not extremely strict on punctuation, I think that you are right in saying that we should use proper grammar. I think your guidelines on commenting are well written.
    -Kendal

Reply
  6. Allison

Hi Sophie,
    I love that you added a lot of reasons about commenting guidelines. I wish you would have added more commenting guidelines. Why did you write happy holidays at the end of your post? Bye!

Reply
  7. cambell thompson

Hi Sophie i really liked the way you layed out your post. i think most people struggle with content on comments. What do you struggle most with?

Reply
  8. Mia

Hello Sophie,
    My name is Mia,and I love the blogging challenge so far, do you?
    I really loved you’r post it was detailed and in depth, I also liked how you used headings in you’r post it is something that, I should really consider to put in my posts. I think that you did a very great job for this weeks challenge.
    Bye,
    Mia

Reply
    1. sophied20 Post author

Thank you Georgina.

I haven’t looked at my blogging guidelines for a while, but I will try to edit out the ones that are not as important.

Sophie

Reply